Taliatelle with Beetroot and Walnut Sauce
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Cooking time: 15 minutes
- Serves: 4-6 people
- 3 or 4 Beetroot (Peeled and cubed)
- 2 tablespoons Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1 Lemon (Juiced)
- 200ml Single cream
- 400g Tagliatelli (fresh or dried)
- 6 Fresh basil leaves (for serving)
- 20g Walnuts (finely chopped)
- Freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan and add the cubed beetroot. Season and allow to cook with the lid on for 10 to 15 minutes, until soft.
- Add the garlic and lemon juice and cook briefly.
- Add the cream and let it warm through
- Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions, drain and add to the sauce. Off the heat.
- Mix until all the pasta is coated. Serve with the chopped walnuts, torn basil leaves and topped with the grated parmesan.